Untiedt’s Garden Market operates seasonal garden centers located throughout the west metro area from late April-October 31, along with seasonal vegetable stands that operate mid-June through Labor Day. We take great pride in our ability to provide top-notch customer service and create an excellent first and last impression of our farm to all customers. We are excited to begin the 2017 season, and we are looking to add to our skilled teams in all locations.
We are seeking both Garden Center and Vegetable Stand Associates who are focused on providing the best in customer service to all customers, knowledgeable about bedding plants and locally grown produce, and possess a willingness to learn and adapt to an ever-changing, exciting work environment.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner and assist them in any way needed.
- Assist customers in choosing plants or produce, answer questions, help carry and load items in their vehicles, etc.
- Be comfortable and competent in accurately processing cash, check, credit card, and gift card transactions on our POS system.
- Clean, sweep, and organize our sales space to provide a neat and safe shopping area for our customers.
- Water, fertilize, deadhead, trim and maintain plants to improve product quality.
- Assist in merchandising the garden center, including creating displays, consolidating or spacing out product, updating signage and pricing of products, and keeping displays full.
- Assist in unloading trucks from our farm in a safe manner.
- Consistently represent our company and farm in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to lift 25lbs frequently and 50lbs occasionally.
- Ability to engage customers in a fun and positive manner.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and lift for entire shift.
- Available from late April through Halloween for Garden Center Associates, including evenings, weekends, and holidays OR available from mid-June through Labor Day for Vegetable Stand Associates.
- Experience working with plants in a retail environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to easily build rapport with customers.
- Ability to work and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
How to Apply: Send completed application, available here, and resume to:
Attn: Hiring Manager
Untiedt’s Garden Market
4750 - 25th St SW
Waverly, MN 55390
We accept applications anytime, and will be conducting interviews in late March to early April.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We look forward to hearing from you!